Slovak Eco Quality
A non-profit organization on its way to become a green, community based, sustainable, life competence educational organization.
Slovak Eco Quality is made up of its members and volunteers, active in areas and topics related to green and circular economy, sustainable lifestyle, recycling and upcycling. SEQ focuses on positive social impact projects and activities aiming at eco innovation, creative eco education and wellbeing of people.
|This is Electro!||finished ✔|
|Go Green Life Comp!||finished ✔|
|RE-MIND YOURSELF||finished ✔|
|4F- Fast Fashion? Fast Forward!||running 🚀|
|Reduce Your CO2||running 🚀|
|THE GREEN TRIANGLE||running 🚀|
BLOGS / NEWS
- CO2 Footprint Eco-Board GameSEQ and ProjektPolska.is participated in a three-day training course at the Ekorezort Vendelín in Slovakia in mid-November, not far from Považská Bystrica. The resort itself reflected the content and program of the training, as it incorporates numerous environmental and eco-conscious… Read more: CO2 Footprint Eco-Board Game
- 🧠 HACKATHON! (vol.2)During the first month of the new school year we took a chance with SEQ and the Green Elementary School 🌿 – ŽŠ s MŠ Brodňanská near Žilina – to organize Hackathon vol.2! 🧨 We paired up with the school… Read more: 🧠 HACKATHON! (vol.2)
- II. Sustainable Cities Conference & ExpoOn September 15, 2023, SEQ participated in the II. Sustainable Cities Conference & Expo held for the second time in Budapest, which once again brought the largest municipal sustainability conference to Hungary this year. On the first day of the… Read more: II. Sustainable Cities Conference & Expo
- The Green Skaters of SlovakiaA community of young skaters, led by Igor Hanecak, the founder of a waste upcycling organization, gathered together on April 29, 2023 to clean the skatepark area in Poprad, Slovakia, nestled under the beautiful High Tatras. These skaters have adapted “plogging,” a Swedish term… Read more: The Green Skaters of Slovakia
- Training courseTraining course. Course of training. Slovak Eco Quality in Armenia 🇦🇲PFAPsychological first aid. 🗣️ A mixture of young people from 8 countries, mashed together, sharing ideas, opinions, creating, laughing, debating.Cultural nights are a hit in these mobilities. People mingle, relax,… Read more: Training course
- Green Youth Changemakers in BrusselsBeginning of July 2023, Slovak Eco Quality and UniGrowth Development Center have reached their final event under the Green Youth Changemakers project. The ultimate joint destination for the young Hungarians from Slovakia and Armenians was a study trip to Western… Read more: Green Youth Changemakers in Brussels
- Fashion customer behaviorSustainable fashion. Slow fashion. Fast Fashion. Hand-made this. Upcycled that. Fancy brand names, vegan clothes, zero waste garments, new collections here, local producers there… We hear about these a lot. Do you? Is it something you come across in your… Read more: Fashion customer behavior
- 🧠 HACKATHON! 👀… with SEQ 🙂 Ever heard of such a thing? 🙂 🤔 We need to set an issue to address 🚨, gather people 🙋 and create groups 👥 that will work on innovative solution 🛠️ in less than 48 hours.… Read more: 🧠 HACKATHON! 👀
- Re-mind Yourself experienceEnglish translation follows below the article Mal som úžasnú príležitosť zúčastniť sa mládežníckej výmeny Re-mind Yourself, spolu s ďalšími 24 účastníkmi, ktorá sa konala v talianskom meste Tredozio. Tento skvelý projekt bol podporený programom Erasmus+ a uskutočnený v spolupráci s… Read more: Re-mind Yourself experience
- Reduce Your CO2 – introducing the pilot version of our board gameIn our ongoing mission to combat climate change and promote environmental sustainability, the project ‘Reduce Your CO2’ has been making significant strides. Collaborating closely with our esteemed partner, Smiling Planet, we are thrilled to announce the successful development and testing… Read more: Reduce Your CO2 – introducing the pilot version of our board game
- Welcome to the “This is Electro” reunion!It marks exactly one year since our unforgettable race took place in Bratislava – Marina Čunovo, a truly unique event for all of us and the first of its kind in Slovakia. The memories are still vivid, and we’re delighted… Read more: Welcome to the “This is Electro” reunion!
- Study visit exploring nature-based learning and good practices in NorwayA recent study visit organized as part of the GreenEdu project in Sor-Trondelag, Norway, brought together participants from Iceland, Slovakia and Norway to enhance nature-based education and earth competences. The informative and engaging visit was packed with various programs, field… Read more: Study visit exploring nature-based learning and good practices in Norway
- Gabi’s Humphrey Fellowship <3Part I. It all started in summer 2021. While sunbathing at the beautiful Vućine beach in Žuljana, Croatia, an ad popped up telling me about the Humphrey Fellowship. A program for mid-career professionals in the field of education (and other… Read more: Gabi’s Humphrey Fellowship <3
- What’s fast fashion and why should you avoid it?How to make your fast fashion pieces more sustainable? For those of you who haven’t heard the term ’fast fashion’ before: it’s a business model based on current fast-changing trends aiming to gain as much profit as possible. They deliver… Read more: What’s fast fashion and why should you avoid it?
- Reduce Your CO2 – new agreementWe are happy to announce that in January 2023 we have partnered up with Smiling Planet, LLC. These guys are very active in the field of environmental sustainability and creation of educational materials what is a perfect match for our… Read more: Reduce Your CO2 – new agreement
- Bratislava study weekWe were pleased to host a study week between 26-30th of September 2022 welcoming 9 people representing organizations from Iceland, Norway and Romania (DalPro Utvikling, Mare Nostrum, Project:Polska.is, Reykjanesbaer Public Library ) within the scope of 2 small-scale partnership projects… Read more: Bratislava study week
- How do you travel to work?How do you travel to work on a daily basis? Have you thought about the impact of your commutes on the environment? What everything can be done for environment protection and how many areas of sport, culture and other essential… Read more: How do you travel to work?
- Dwell Azores: my (nomad) life experienceHow would you see a conscious digital nomad? Imagine a person eager not just to see but truly experience new places. Someone who spends resources to absorb at least some of the local culture and lives a community life full… Read more: Dwell Azores: my (nomad) life experience
- This is Electro! RaceRACE REGISTRATION FORM IS OPEN !!! We in Slovak Eco Quality are proud to confirm that our “This is Electro! Race” will be held on 16th of June 2022 in a beautiful place of Čunovo DYC Marina (next to Danubiana… Read more: This is Electro! Race
- Learning about Sustainable Development Goals in Egypt? – YES!Education towards a sustainable future, framed by the United Nation´s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), called SDGeneration … a wonderful event which took place in Cairo, Egypt by the end of 2021, was the second phase of a great training for… Read more: Learning about Sustainable Development Goals in Egypt? – YES!
- Plogging from Yerevan via Constanta to Bratislava and furtherA combination of jogging, walking or hiking in cities and/or in the nature, with picking up litter, as an organized activity originating in Sweden … PLOGGING End of October and beginning of November 2021 was dedicated to held plogging events… Read more: Plogging from Yerevan via Constanta to Bratislava and further
- ReflActionReflAction – Reflective learning in youth work, the training course (TC) which will always remain in my heart. Not only because it was my very first TC in scope of Erasmus+ Youth workers mobility program, but also because it opened… Read more: ReflAction
VIDEOS / US IN ACTION